Friday, March 29, 2013

Product Review: Frog Tape


If you’ve ever watched HGTV, you already know the

cheapest design method to dramatically change a room is to…PAINT!

Painting is exactly what I’ve been up to lately. 
 

This time I’ve taken on an ambitious painting project- paint all of the trim in the entire house.  (sigh!)  Luckily, our house doesn’t have as much square-footage as some.  (Hooray! )


I haven’t had much success with blue painter’s tape in the past.  It takes so much time to prep and it tends to bleed through, creating messy lines that drive me crazy (grrr!!).  Normally, I prefer to use a steady hand and a damp rag to create crisp, professional-looking lines.


But, with this daunting project in front of me, I was willing to revisit the tape option and see what was new on the market.

 
Here’s what I found: Frog Tape.  





It was a little more expensive than the blue stuff I’m used to seeing.  It was just under $10 at Wal-Mart for a huge roll with 60 yards. 

Would it live up to its promises?




Packaged Promises:
  • “PaintBlock Technology: Frog Tape is the only tape treated with PaintBlock technology.  PaintBlock is a super-absorbent polymer which reacts with latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, preventing paint bleed.  The results: Very sharp paint lines!” 
  •  “Tape can stay up for 21 days before you paint (7 days in direct sunlight)” 
  •  Multi-Surface use



Results:

I REALLY like it!  It does live up to its packaged promises- clean lines that turn out beautifully and with minimal effort. 

Here's the proof:

I recently painted the wall color blue, but the trim got a little blue on it too.  What's a girl to do?  Re-paint!

The wall color had been dry for about a week when I cleaned and prepped the trim with Frog Tape.  I made sure to line it up as straight as I could get it and press the edges of the tape down to ensure a good seal.  Then, I painted the trim with an interior high-gloss white latex paint.  

I was a little cautious in the beginning; but in the end I learned that I could be a little more carefree in my painting and still get great results.  Following the instructions, I immediately removed the tape once I finished a section.




 Then....

Check out this great line!!!  Crisp, clean, professional-looking lines make me really happy.  :)



So, I'm off to prep, tape, and paint some more.  

Who knew Frog Tape would be another great tool for Getting it All Together?

2 comments:

  1. Lory - when painting, the blue tape makes me blue! Thanks for the tape tip frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, I'm so glad to help! The blue tape makes me blue, too.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover