Friday, March 1, 2013

Donation Station


Last year I read a great website that had a Declutter Calendar.  The author's ideas were so simple and easy to do that I got really excited about it.  Today we're getting back to her first step- 

Creating a Donation Station.  

This is a great idea!  Every organization project involves sorting & purging through things.  By setting up a place for items to be donated, it will cut down on multiple donation piles scattered throughout the house.  (These drive me crazy!) 

You can use anything from a new trash bag, to a cardboard box, a clean, unused trash can, or a laundry basket, assuming you have an empty one! 


Some things are necessary and should be kept around.  But, often we grow out of things.  In other words, our lifestyle has changed and these things are no longer a match for us or for our family.  When this happens, its time to reevaluate. 


 The next time you're sorting through things, ask yourself:
  1. Do I still use this?  When was the last time I used it?  (If you can't remember, be honest with yourself.)
  2. Do I need this item?
  3. Do I want this item?
  4. Could someone else benefit from this more than me?

If I don't need or want this anymore, could someone else benefit from it?  If the answers lead you to donation, consider someone close to you.  Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and other thrift stores are also great options.


No matter who you choose to give to, you'll feel good about sharing with others.  You'll feel lighter and better after freeing yourself of unwanted things that can weigh you down.  Setting up a donation station is just one more small step towards Getting It All Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover