Friday, February 10, 2012

Kitchen Cabinet Before & After-Revealed!

Have you ever noticed that when you're re-organizing one spot it leads to 
multiple opportunities for re-organization?  

Well, that's what happened to me with our first Before & After.  Since the medications had taken over the kitchen shelf, they needed to be returned to their proper home in the cabinet; but getting them back in was not going to be easy with the clutter bug around.  Here's our-
  
Second Before & After!

Before:
   
Again, it started well and then the clutter bug crept in!  This time, I'm better prepared to keep him out :)  

Changes:
  • Notice that the medicines and spices have invaded each other's territories and need to be reigned back in.  
  • Plus, it must've been my hubby who put that spice jar in like that.  Really?!?  (love you, honey!)  :) 
  • You can't see it from here, but there were several larger bottles on the counter below that just didn't into the cabinet.

After:



Fixes:
  • I adjusted the shelves inside the cabinet!  It gave me just enough room to store those bottles that were cluttering up my counter space.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but it makes a BIG difference.  
  •  First, I cleared everything out of the space, purged old and/or expired items, cleaned the shelves, and washed the shelf liners.  (Did you know that you can wash them with cold water on a delicate cycle in your washer & air dry?)
  • Next, I moved the white extra shelf I had from the medicine shelf on top to the bottom spice shelf.  The extra shelf wasn't making a big difference up on the top & our spices were overflowing.  With the added room for storing spices, it freed up more space for our medicines.  That extra space allows for room to grow.  No, I don't want more medicines.  But, I know my family & someone is always coming down with something.  So, we're better prepared.

So, that's it.  My counter is clearer, my cabinet is more organized, and my shelf is so much prettier without all that clutter!  I hope you're inspired to do your own Before & After and take back what's rightfully yours from the clutter bug in your house.  Keep going and soon, you'll Get it All Together.

1 comment:

  1. Great! Looks much neater and you can see exactly what you have. Seems I frequently have to buy more of something not knowing I already have it hidden in on a shelf or cabinet.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover