Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another Day, Another Load

Today, ugh.  I'm, ugh.  Sick, ugh.  Which gets me thinking about how much cleaning & organizing I have to do in order to make up for this sick time with 3 kids around.

So, let's talk laundry.  Have you noticed that it piles up when you're not looking?  Here's an idea for keeping it under control-

Laundry Basket Sorter   
I invested in a 3 load sorter a few years ago and I love it!  (Sometimes I wish I had another & could sort more at a time.)

When my kids were too small to read, I took a permanent marker and (a little hesitantly) wrote on the outside of each basket what it should hold.  I drew a pair of jeans for the pants, wrote in black for darks, and used 2 different colors for colored clothing.  The kids were excited to help like big kids and I was, too!  It saves me a lot of time sorting clothes when my family sorts their own laundry.  All I have to do, is wash and wash and wash and wash and....well, you get the point.

On days like today, when you're not feeling your best and things have gone awry, remember to give yourself a little slack.  You'll feel better soon and, after all, with another day comes another load.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that someone who feels so badly can think of laundry. Now, that's a goal I want to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Lee! I gotta get that goal first! We let our divider pile up so high it broke! :( But we have developed a system that works pretty good for us as well...wish I could get them to sort their own though....might have to try again! (p.s. Great Blog Site Lory!)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover