Monday, January 30, 2012

I have all this holiday candy leftover. . .now what?

First of all, if you actually have candy leftover from a holiday, bravo!  You've done well by not eating it all yourself and keeping some away from the kids.  :)


Next, what to do with it?  Well, you have two choices- keep it or get rid of it.

If you're getting rid of it, you could always donate it to someone's candy dish at work.  Who doesn't love a little pick-me-up at work?  Or, you could give some to your mail carrier, as a thanks for a job well done.  You could even give a piece or two to your hairdresser with her tip. 

If you're keeping the candy there are lots of options that can help.  One of my favorites is to use it to decorate a treat.  For instance, one year I made a Christmas tree cake (watching Cake Boss can really inspire you!) that I thought needed a little more pizazz.  So, I used the candy as accents around the tree to give it an extra special touch.  It looked great & everyone at the party I took it to, loved it.  It was a design hit!

What are your ideas about what to do with leftover candy?

1 comment:

  1. You can put candy in jars and seal with vacuum sealing machine. I saw where Wendi deWitt did that and labeled it "broccoli" in her food storage so no one would eat it. I guess, I'd have to try to forget about it so I wouldn't hunt it down!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover