Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is she born with it? Maybe it's....

Are we born with it?  What is "it," you ask?

Today, "it" is the art of organization.  It's the seeming ease of being able to predictably find your car keys, of knowing that there is a place for that strange find from under the couch, and of being able to see your own desk (no, not just the legs!).

It seems to me that there are some people who are just naturally inclined to be more organized than others.  For instance, my 5 year old daughter labeled her toy bins- on her own!  She knows that Barbies go in bin #1 and small toys go in bin #2.  My sis-in-law even asked if she needed to borrow the label maker!  I said "no, we may all be in trouble." 

On the other hand, my 8 year-old son seems to have zero natural affinity for anything unwrinkled or actually straight on a shelf.

All this leads to the question, does the kid in elementary school with the squished papers at the bottom of his wet-from-a-leaky-thermos backpack, lead to the adult who is perpetually late and can't find his car keys?  We may never really know.  But, is there hope for such a sloppy, crazy, and stressed out mess?

I think so and that's why I'm here to help.  :)  Come with me and we'll talk organization, home design, and how to Get it All Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover