Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Vegetable Garden Planner

It's Spring!
(Or so my calendar says.  You'd never know by how cold it is outside right now!!)

Warmer weather and sunshine mean it's time to get back out in the yard. 

Are you planting a vegetable garden this year?  If so, you might really like this tool from growveg.com.  It's a great way to plan out your vegetable garden and it's free for a 30 day trial period or $25 for a one-year subscription. 

Sample Garden Plan from www.growveg.com

I used it a season or two ago and really liked it.  You can make your plans as simple or as detailed and complex as you'd like.

Features I Like:
  • Customizable- draw out your garden space
  • Features over 130 varieties of fruits & veggies
  • Visual layout makes planting and spacing easier
  • Square foot gardening options
  • Adapts to your location
  • Email reminders
  • Free for 30 days, no automatic subscriptions


Beginning a Layout


I love the visual layout.  It helped me easily measure out the space that was needed over the season for the plants I chose.   

For instance, I knew that a watermelon plant would start off small, but how much space did I need to reserve for it to grow and not crow out my tomatoes?  

When you "plant" in growveg, it highlights the area around the seedling.  This serves as a visual representation of how much space is really needed.  It's so easy to avoid overcrowding!




Plus, they offer options for ponds, fruit trees, walkways, and more.  You can design a beautiful space right in your own yard.  Who says designing is only for inside the home?

Start designing your garden of plenty and take one more step towards Getting It All Together.

How does your garden grow?  Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover